Sunday, October 2, 2011

Emmeline Diane Low

We would like to welcome Emmeline (pronounced emma-LINE) as the newest member of the Low family. Jen went into the hospital on Tuesday evening at around 10:30pm and had the baby at 4:30am on Wednesday, September 28th. Her actual due date was October 4th. She weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 19.5 inches long. Everything went very smoothly, and for the second time everyone in labour and delivery told Jen that she can come and have as many babies as she wants. No thanks. Emmeline is doing great and is eating and sleeping well. We are thrilled to have her home and as a part of her family. Jen has been absolutely incredible. I'm so grateful to have a wife as wonderful as her.

As you can see from the pictures Charlotte has been absolutely thrilled about the new baby. Charlotte was totally convinced before hand that it was going to be a girl and wouldn't even entertain the possibility of a younger brother. Thankfully she was right. She always calls her "Baby Emmy" and tells everyone we see that she has a baby sister. It is seriously so cute. Hopefully this honeymoon phase lasts as long as possible. I actually have 4 weeks off of residency (2 weeks paternity leave and 2 weeks vacation) to help out at home. That sure beats the 2 days off that I got when we had Charlotte duirng medical school.

We're obsessed with her crazy hair and it totally reminds us of Charlotte's. I think Charlotte's stood up a little bit more but the color is identical. In some ways I think she looks a lot like Charlotte but she also has her own unique look. I'm curious to see what she will look like as she gets older.

Not to toot my own horn, but I guessed the due date would be September 28th and I also guessed the weight would be 7lbs 1oz (toot toot). I'm going to ride this lucky streak and put some serious cash down on football this Sunday. My student loan isn't going to pay itself off.

















No comments:

Post a Comment