Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear Charlotte


Oh miss Charlotte. I'm a little bit obsessed with you. At home you are my big girl, my helper, and my friend. You are hilarious and silly but you still snuggle. You are a permanent fixture on my lap when I'm playing the piano. I love your song you "composed" on the piano about the polka dot dress. I know you're still working on the lyrics, but it's coming along great.

I love how you can recount memories from months and months ago. From what was in your lunch box when you picked up Emmeline at the hospital (strawberry milk, cheese string and a sandwich that grandma Smith made for you is what you accurately recalled) to the color of the dress your cousin Suzie wore at Disney World last January (Blue and you plan on borrowing it in May apparently).





I found it unbearably cute how you sat and watched Conference with us while you worked away at your Conference bingo sheet. You were on top of every word the speaker spoke, even if some weren't part of the sheet. "I heard 'to do' I heard them say 'mercy' they said 'church'! "

 

I love how you are the most beautiful 3 year old I've ever seen. 

 I love admiring your golden curls, even though you only let me curl your hair twice a year.
Thanks for coming to my haircut appointment so I could tell the hairdresser that I wanted my haircut just like yours. 

 I'm surprised by how you ponder things. I still don't know where you came up with the explanation that Angel Moroni is on the temple to play his trumpet when Jesus comes.

Please don't grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment