Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pregnancy

It's true what they say that "every pregnancy is different." With my first pregnancy I didn't have THAT bad of nausea, but I carried so high that by 6.5 months on I was so uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep and it didn't matter what angle I stood or sat at, it just felt like my sides and back were being torturously stretched and pulled.

Pregnancy #2 has sort of been the reverse. I was so sick and wiped out for much longer in the beginning, but because I'm carrying a lot lower I haven't experienced nearly the discomfort that I did with Charlotte. Up until a few days ago whenever people asked me the question, "how are you feeling?" I could honestly answer, "great!" I've had energy and much less discomfort. I do however, get the normal aches and pains and lugging around a 30 lb toddler hasn't been super fun these last few weeks.

Speaking of toddlers, it hit to me a couple days ago that very soon it's not just going to be me and my little sidekick Charlotte together every day. Since realizing that I've been relishing in and reflecting upon the one on one time that we get to spend together singing songs, reading stories, playing dress up (she always wants me to be winnie the pooh. I think it's because of my big tummy), running errands, and going on fun outings. I love that we have had so much time together to build our relationship and I've always had a feeling that she is going to be such a joy, blessing, support and friend to me throughout the years.

We are slowly but surely getting ready for the arrival of baby #2. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl and to be absolutely 100% honest I would be thrilled with either. There were times in the pregnancy that I leaned more towards wanting a boy or girl but I really am just so excited for a genuine surprise. For the record though, I've been thinking that it's a boy this entire time.

Out of curiousity I pulled out a picture of me 1 week before I gave birth to Charlotte. I'm around 36 weeks along in the picture below.


Here I am currently at around 36 weeks

Is it just me or do I look ready to have a baby in a week?

I can't wait to meet this new little member of our family. I feel so grateful for all that we've been blessed with, and am really loving this stage of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment