Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Florida trip summer 2006

Lisa's wedding 2008

Mine and Dave's first apartment- Provo, Utah

Christmas break 2008/09

Christmas break 2008/09

BYU graduation August 2006

Dear Mom,

First off, happy Mother's Day! This year your Mother's Day gift is a family blog! I know you've wanted one for just our family for a long time so here it is. I've encouraged the other family members to continue to post on the blog as a way to keep a family history. Not only can we post family events but it is a way to discuss other things such as what we learned from the scriptures on a particular day which let's be honest is RIGHT up your alley. Blogs can also be printed professionally and then put in a bound book or binder, so you will easily be able to preserve our family's history. Also, as part of your gift, I will sit down with you and spend as much time as you need to organize your digital photos and teach you how to easily post blogs of your own on this website.

Each Mother's Day I really try to think of ways to show you how much I love and appreciate you and I always wish I had more time and money to do all the things that I want to do for you.

Being a Mother myself now, Mother's Day brings new meaning to me. Not only because now I get to celebrate it, but because I have a new perspective of what it takes to be a mother. With that new perspective I'm gaining greater appreciation for the sacrifices you've made for me as my mom. Taking care of Charlotte is the most rewarding thing I've ever done, but it's hard, time-consuming, and tiring (and I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceburg). For the past 25 years I know you have done everything you can to be the best mom for me and it didn't stop when I became a mom. You continued to take care of me, so I could then take care of my little girl. I know as I've grown from a little baby to an adult the way you take care of me and support me has changed and will continue to change. But I know that whatever stage of life I'm in you will always be my mother and always find ways to love, care for, and support me.

I love having you as my mother and friend. Thank you for all you've done for me throughout my life. I love you very much!

Love Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment