Monday, September 20, 2010

August Wedding


Jordan and Cherisa can now add their August wedding date next to the August wedding anniversary of Mom and Dad's which has been holding its spot for nearly 30 years. If anyone knows how to make a marriage work, it's them. I'm grateful for the example they've set for their children. I look to their example as I work at my own marriage and family.

Jordan and Cherisa make such an amazing pair. They complement each other and it is obvious how much they adore and enjoy one another. I truly don't know if I've seen a more beautiful and pure bride. She looked as though she had lived her life in the temple.

After the sealing we took pictures to keep ourselves occupied while we waited for the new couple. It was a really nice experience to see all my siblings there dressed so nicely; we really enjoyed one anothers' company. They are all such wonderful people. All of them.




The beautiful flower girls or should I say fairies

sisters at heart

Just married

Mom admiring the newly married couple come out of the temple

Mom with all her girls





The reception

Mom waited 27 years to do this
Alison waited 6 years to do this...

The dance at the reception was incredibly fun. I don't know who had more fun between me, dad, Alison or Amanda. Dad might have won it by going into the middle of the dance circle at least 4 times to show off his timeless moves, but I think we would all have to agree that Alison had the most fun. Something magical happens when she gets to dance. This is truly the happiest I've seen her. I completely understand how she feels. I thought about becoming a wedding crasher just to go to the dances.

The entire wedding experience was fun, exciting, sentimental, joyful, and just felt right. We all are so excited for Jordan and Cherisa and this exciting new chapter in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment